DSLR Controller v1.05 [Patched]
Overview: DSLR Controller is the first and only app that allows you to fully control your Canon EOS DSLR from your Android device with only a USB cable.
No computer or laptop required, no root required, only a compatible mobile device, a compatible camera, and the right USB cable. Compatible camera’s and WFT boxes can also be controlled using Wi-Fi (in either Smartphone/Tablet mode or EOS Utility/PC mode).
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the “Remote Release” app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
– Live View
– Auto Focus (tap Live View)
– Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
– Zoom control
– Grid and aspect ratio overlay
– Bulb capture
– Continuous capture
– Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
– Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
– Video recording
– HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
– Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
– Focus A-B
– Mirror Lockup support
– Timelapse (incl. HDR)
– Wi-Fi Passthrough
– Extensive modification of settings
— Shutter speed
— ExpComp and Bracket
— ISO speed
— Auto-Focus Mode
— Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
— Picture Style
— Drive Mode
— White Balance
— Color Temperature
— Auto-Lighting Optimizer
— Metering Mode
— Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host (“OTG”) cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
– Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
– Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
– Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
– Samsung: Tab 8.9″, Tab 10.1″, Tab 2 7″, Tab 2 10″, Tab 3 7″
– HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
– Nexus: 4
– Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
– HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels – not supported), but don’t work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
– Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
– Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
– No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
– Night mode
– Notice for disabled shuttercounter (5D4+?)
– BT.601 to BT.709 conversion
– High speed shooting handling
– Communication error notice
– 5D4 USB issue with some chips (Android bug)
– 5D4 crash when switching movie/still mode
– 5D4 black screen on startup (USB)
– 5D4 serial number readout
– Capture timer no longer displayed during continuous shooting
– Level circle sometimes no longer drawn filled on some devices while recording
This app has no advertisements